Note: The documentation here applies to both v.gd and is.gd, they use the same API and you can support either just by changing the domain.
Our URL shorteners provide an API so that other applications can harness our service. If you're interested in using one of them in your application, the best place to start is to check out our URL shortening API reference.
There's an assortment of other helpful links below. If you decide to write something that would be useful to developers such as a tutorial or a library for a programming language we haven't covered, please let us know and we'll add it to our list.
- URL shortening API reference
- URL lookup API reference
- Example PHP function - using the v.gd/is.gd API to shorten URLs
3rd party developer resources
- A Python module for is.gd and v.gd is available thanks to Gian Luca Dalla Torre. It's LGPL licensed so should be suitable for most projects. Also see their documentation and source code.
- Node.js modules for is.gd and v.gd are available thanks to AlphaTech (GPLv3 license).
- An API client library for is.gd and v.gd targetting .NET Standard 1.1 is available thanks to Prajjwal Dimri.
Any 3rd party resources listed above are not endorsed or tested by us. They are used at your own risk.